Back-Up Care Updates
Work Options Group - Bright Horizons Family Solutions, the back-up care providers, are in the final stages of their integration. As a result, you will notice the following important program changes as of October 1, 2009.
- New password-protected web address: Back-up care can be accessed online through a new URL: http://www.backup.brighthorizons.com/. If you already have a username and password for the previous back-up care website, that information is still valid. If you do not have a username and password established, you will need the following information to access the website: Username: columbia; Password: backupcare (case sensitive, all lower case).
- Change in toll-free number: The new toll-free number to call when registering for back-up care is 877-BH-CARES; however the "old" number is still operational.
- Co-payments made easier. To help reduce paper billing and post-care invoicing, you will be asked to provide a payment method for any applicable co-payments at the time of the reservation, either by phone or online. Acceptable forms of payment are credit card, debit card or electronic fund transfer; co-payments are charged on the day following care.
- Flexible cancellation policy: A 24-hour cancellation notice is no longer required. However, you must cancel by 5:00 p.m. local time on the business day prior to the day of reserved care. If cancelled after 5:00 p.m., you may be charged the applicable co-payment and the reserved hours will be counted against your annual 100 hours of care.
- Up to five consecutive days of care: You may request up to five consecutive days of care. If there is an unusual situation that requires more than five consecutive days of care, please contact the Columbia University Office of Work/Life at 212-854-8019 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Name: All back-up services will fall under the Bright Horizons program name, Back-Up Care Advantage Program®, therefore you will no longer see "Work Options Group" on related materials.
Should you have any questions or concerns about the Bright Horizons' Back-Up Care Advantage Program or the changes to come, please contact Bright Horizons at 1-877-BH-CARES the Office of Work/Life at 212-854-8019, or at email@example.com.