Bike to Campus Days 2013
Are you ready for “Bike to Campus Days 2013!”?
Public Safety is sponsorning Bike to Campus Days in April on the Morningside and Medical Center Campuses. Please see below for details:
Monday, April 15th 2013- Morningside Campus 10am-3pm, Low Plaza
(West 116 Street & Broadway) Rain or Shine.
Thursday, April 18th 2013- Medical Center Campus 10am-3pm, Front of 701 West 168 Street
(Haven Ave & West 168 Street) Rain or Shine.
- For CUMC: Plus One Fitness sells monthly shower passes for $5 per month. Plus One Fitness is located in the Service building on the 2nd floor. For more information please call (212)305-1800.
Want to escape from the crowds and heat in the subway or the hassles of finding a parking spot? Bike to campus! Bicycling is one of the most healthy, economical, fun and environmentally friendly ways to commute.
• FREE Bike Tune Ups & Bike Registration with the NYPD and CU Public Safety.
• Discount bike locks and accessories. For additional discounts on bicycles and equipment please visit this section of the Office of Work/Life website
• GetOut.com- Stolen Bike GPS program.
• Zip Car – Columbia Discount Program.
• Bike Clubs in NYC.
• And More!
Morningside Campus Bike Rack Locations- http://www.columbia.edu/cu/publicsafety/bikemap.pdf
Medical Center Bike Rack Locations- http://www.columbia.edu/cu/publicsafety/images/CUMC_Map_withBikeRacks.JPG
How to properly secure your bike? http://www.bikenewyork.org/advice/nyc-info/locking-your-bike/
Want to learn more about biking? New York is a great city for riding! Visit http://www.nyc.gov/bikes for bike routes, safety tips and other helpful information.