Many wonderful opportunities are available for children and teenagers during the summer months, from residential camps and day camps to programs which specialize in sports, academics, arts and community service. The winter months are the best time to explore and plan summer activities for your children. Some programs begin registration as early as February, but there are opportunities worth exploring throughout New York City that may have available spaces through the later spring months.
While we are unable to provide individual consultations on holiday or summer programs, we hope that the resources here are helpful in your search.
- Young Woman's Leadership Institute combines academic learning, skill building workshops, and student-run sessions to train young women leaders in an intensive one-week program.
- Summer in New York City offers courses adapted from Barnard College's undergraduate curriculum.
- A residential program offering course work in the Arts, Engineering, Math, Science, Computer Science, Social Sciences and College Prep as well as a broad array of organized extra-curricular activities.
- The summer months of June, July, and August are packed with nine weeks of Roar-ee's Cubs Camp, with an early registration discount available until May 1! Columbia head coaches also offer 11 different sports camps for 6 to 18 year-olds this summer at Columbia's NCAA Division I athletics facilities.
- The center offers a summer internship program for high school students from Upper Manhattan every summer.
- HYPOTHEkids is a hands-on K-6 summer science and engineering enrichment program location on and near Columbia campus.
- Co-taught by TC teachers and SEAS engineers and scientists, the program runs from 8.30-5.30 from June 29 to September 4.
- These week-long day camps offer a variety of fun cutting edge summer camp courses for kids and teens including video game design, Flash animation, programming, video editing and more.
- An innovative science program for children currently in Kindergarten through fourth grade.
- Allen's Guide to Summer Camps and Travel Programs: A helpful search engine and a listing of camps and summer programs by category.
- American Camp Association: The accrediting organization for camps throughout the United States provides an on-line search engine and related information.
- The Camp Wizard: To find the camp for your child, accredited by The American Camp Association. The ACA is a private, not-for-profit educational organization dedicated to helping children by enhancing and promoting the summer camp experience.
- CampPage: A searchable summer camp guide for day and overnight summer opportunities in New York City and beyond.
- Everything Summer, LLC: Professional summer planner Jill Tipograph helps families find camps and summer programs that are right for their children.
- My Summer Camps.com: A listing of camps by category (i.e. adventure, arts, special needs, study abroad and religious camps) and winter and spring break programs.
- Summer Camp Directory, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene: A directory of summer camps throughout the 5 boroughs.
- Summer Camps and Programs at Colleges in New York State: An online listing for arts and athletic programs offered at colleges and universities throughout the state for children from ages 8-18.
- Summer Day Camps in the 212 Area Code: A listing of day camps in Manhattan.
- Time Out New York Kids Camp Guide. Iincludes a roundup of bargain programs.
- Tips on Trips and Camps: A free referral service that provides information about overnight camps, trips and programs in the United States, and fairs in NYC that the organization sponsors.