Travel - Global Entry Program for International Travelers
Upon arrival into the U.S., program participants proceed to Global Entry kiosks, present their machine-readable U.S. passport or permanent resident card, place their fingertips on the scanner for fingerprint verification, and make a customs declaration. The kiosk issues the traveler a transaction receipt and directs the traveler to baggage claim and the exit.
Travelers must be pre-approved for the Global Entry program. All applicants undergo a standard background check and interview before enrollment.
1. Apply online: Fill-out an online application and pay the $100 non-refundable application fee. Be sure to have your passport and driver’s license handy when completing the application. The process takes around four weeks, including a full background check.
NOTE: If you use your American Express Platinum Card, Amex will refund $100 per card holder.
2. Schedule an interview: Once your application is reviewed, you will receive a message in your GOES account instructing you to schedule an interview at one of the Global Entry Enrollment Centers.
3. Interview determines eligibility: A U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer will ask you questions, take your photo, and collect biometric information, e.g., scan your fingerprints.
4. Provide identification: Bring your valid passport(s) and one other form of identification, such as a driver's license or ID card to the interview. If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must present your permanent resident card.
5. The final determination is made on the spot.