Healthy Lifestyle Challenge 2011 Pilot Program
The Healthy Lifestyle Challenge was piloted with staff at Studebaker in January and February of 2011. There were approximately 50 participants in over 6 teams representing CUIT, Finance, and Human Resources. Individuals were also eligible to participate. Some of the highlights from the post-survey include:
- 100% of participants ate 5 servings of fruits and vegetables at least 4 days of the week during the challenge, as compared to only 43.7% before the challenge.
- 86% of participants exercised 30 minutes or more at least 5 days a week.
- Participants were two times more likely to relax for at least 10 minutes a day during the challenge.
Participants also commented:
- "I've gotten into the best sleep patterns in years!"
- "Sometimes, other responsibilities took priority, but making the effort to complete these challenges for my own health helped me put things in perspective."
Important note: If you have a medical condition that could be
affected by physical activity, you are encouraged to consult your
medical provider prior to starting any exercise routine.
From left to right: Wendy Vidal, Mintari Preston, Gabriel Ochoa (Team Captain), Felicia Hou, Cynthia Durgah, and Christine Stearn.