Faculty Recruitment & Relocation Service

School, Child Care, and Elder Care

  • The School & Child Care Search Service provides written materials and personal guidance to parents exploring all types of child care and educational opportunities within public, parochial, independent, and special needs schools. 
  • Back-up Care is available to people who are traveling  to Columbia  from another city/state/country for interviews, job talks, meetings, etc.  Care will be available to family members, such as minor children, adults, or elders,  who require it in order for the prospective faculty member to attend interviews and meetings related to potentially working at Columbia. Please email the Office of Work/Life or call (212) 854-8019 for more information and to arrange in advance of arrival.
  • Adult and Elder Care Services are provided through the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).  The EAP provides a range of specialized services, including short-term counseling, to help you and your household members with the management of adult/elder care responsibilities.  For more information about elder care support for relocating faculty, email the Office of Work/Life.