One-on-One Financial Planning and Retirement Educational Resources Available
Columbia University's HR Benefits Department would like to remind all benefits-eligible employees that representatives from TIAA-CREF and Vanguard are on site throughout the academic year to discuss financial planning, investment strategies, portfolio reviews and retirement education. These representatives are available to answer questions about the Columbia University Retirement Plan and the Voluntary Retirement Savings Plan (VRSP). Both plans help you save for the future.
These one-on-one counseling sessions are personalized to meet your goals and objectives. You do not need to be eligible to retire in order to attend.
Sessions are 45 minutes to one hour, and often include:
- Details about the Columbia University Retirement Plan and Distribution Options at Retirement - University Contributions
- How to Enroll and Start Saving in the Voluntary Retirement Savings Plan
- (VRSP) - Your Contributions
- How to Select Investment Fund Options
- How to Decide on the Right Amount of Risk for Your Portfolio
Even if you are not enrolled in the VRSP, you are welcome to meet with a counselor. Your spouse or partner is also welcome to attend your meeting.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR A ONE-ON-ONE SESSION
The dates and locations for all sessions are posted at the carrier websites so you can select the date and time that works best for you.
- Visit www.calvert.com/investor-workplace-columbia.html
- Select Columbia University
- Depending upon which location you'd like, click on that respective link
- Select the date for the one-on-one meeting and register
- To schedule an appointment, call the scheduling group at 1-800-732-8353, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. (ET) or
- Visit http://www.tiaa-cref.org/public/products-services/retirement-consultation/index.html
- Visit www.meetvanguard.com or
- Call Vanguard at 1-800-662-0106, ext. 14500