Healthy Lifestyle Challenge 2014
The Spring 2014 Healthy Lifestyle Challenge is complete! Cogratulations to the Columbia University Facilities Healthy Lifestyle Challenge participants.
The 2014 Healthy Lifestyle Challenge (HLC) ran from Monday, January 27, to Sunday, March 2, 2014.
Throughout the HLC, teams from Columbia University Facilities competed amongst themselves to earn points for healthy behaviors. Participants tracked their progress with a daily log, which was submitted weekly for scoring. Please see this webpage for and overview of the Healthy Lifestyle Challenge. Weekly challenges have been developed for a five week period of time.
Including registration and awards, the program lasts seven weeks total.
- Week One (January 27-February 2) - EAT 5: Eat five cups of fruits and vegetables each day
- Week Two (February 3-9- MOVE 30) - Exercise for 30 minutes a day
- Week Three (February 10-16) - TAKE 10: Take the time to relax at least 10 minutes each day
- Week Four (February 17-23) - SLEEP 7: Sleep seven hours a night
- Week Five (February 24 – March 2) - 4 ME: Take care of yourself with daily health habits