Quinoa and Fresh Herb Salad
Prep Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 2 Hours (includes time to marinate) Yield: Serves 4
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
How to Make it:
- Prepare the quinoa according to the package instructions.
- Set aside to cool slightly
- In a large bowl, combine kale, parsley, cilantro, scallions and cooked quinoa
- In a small bowl, combine lime zest, lime juice, salt, pepper, cayenne and red pepper flakes.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil and stir to combine dressing.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour to allow flavors to marinate.
- Remove from fridge and garnish with sunflower seeds and diced avocado.
Adapted from: McDowell, Brynn. (2018, March 26). Quinoa and Fresh Herb Salad. Retrieved from https://foodandnutrition.org/blogs/stone-soup/quinoa-fresh-herb-salad/.