Assistance finding child care, schools, elder care, housing and employment opportunities for your spouse/domestic partner.

Moving Truck Image

Relocation impacts your whole family, including your spouse/partner, children, parents and others. We can help you find housing, child care, schools, adult/elder care, and employment opportunities for your spouse/partner.

Page Divider


The Housing Information and Referral Service provides individual consultations on renting or purchasing apartments and homes within commuting distance of Columbia University campuses. 

University Apartment Housing (UAH) provides rental or lease apartments for eligible Officers of Instruction, Research, and Libraries. 


Visitor Housing may be available on campus for parents, alumni, and guest affiliates of Columbia.

For additional information about other housing policies for Faculty, please refer to Faculty Housing Policies and Programs


The Affinity Mortgage Lending Program may help the people of Columbia University finance the purchase of a home through arrangements with Everbank and Wells Fargo.

Page Divider

Early Education, Child Care, and Schooling

The School & Child Care Search Service provides written materials and personal guidance to parents exploring all types of child care and educational opportunities within public, independent, faith-based , charter, and special needs schools. 

Back-up Care is available to people who are traveling  to Columbia  from another city/state/country for interviews, job talks, meetings, etc.  Care will be available to family members, such as minor children, adults, or elders,  who require it in order for the prospective faculty member to attend interviews and meetings related to potentially working at Columbia. Arrangements MUST be made in advance of arrival.  Please email the Office of Work/Life or call (212) 854-8019 for more information and to arrange in advance of arrival.

Page Divider

Adult/Elder Care

Adult and Elder Care Services are provided through the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). The EAP provides a range of specialized services, including short-term counseling, to help you and your household members with the management of adult/elder care responsibilities.  For more information about elder care support for relocating faculty, email the Office of Work/Life.