Green Bean Potato Salad with Lemon-Soy Vinaigrette
Active Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Mins Yield: Serves 8 (serving size: 1 cup)
- 2 (12-oz.) pkg. fresh green beans
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt, divided
- 1 pound petite red potatoes
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Lemon Soy Vinaigrette
- 1/4 teaspoon of honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
How to Make it:
- In a large sauce pan, bring water (with 1/2 teaspoon salt) to a boil. Add green beans and cook until tender-crisp, 3 to 4 minutes; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop cooking process; drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Bring potatoes and cold water to cover to a boil in large saucepan over medium-high; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until just tender, about 20 minutes total. Drain and let cool 30 minutes. Slice potatoes into 1/4- to 1/2-inch rounds.
- Gently toss together green beans, potatoes, bell pepper, red onions, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add Lemon-Soy Vinaigrette, and gently toss to combine. Transfer mixture to a serving platter, and top with mint, almonds, and sesame seeds. Serve room temperature or chilled.
To Make the Lemon Soy Vinaigrette
- Whisk together honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl until combined.
Adapted from: (2016, March). Green Bean Potato Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette. Retrieved from: https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/green-bean-potato-salad-lemon-soy-vinaigrette