This workshop will help participants learn tips for managing anxiety and challenging emotions in a world that many are experiencing as divided, troubling and even traumatizing. We will focus on strategies to support well-being and resilience as well as reduce the negative impact of stressful events, distressing news and challenging conversations, thereby enhancing the potential for understanding and personal growth.
Objectives: Following this seminar, participants will be better able to:
• Understand and recognize secondary/vicarious trauma and how to reduce its effects
• Help children, teens and other loved ones talk about their concerns
• Focus on you and your family’s priorities and find ways to make a difference
• Identify strategies for handling stressful conversations
• Practice techniques for managing stress reactions and anxiety
• Reach out for help from resources, including the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)